Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Am Infected With National Pride*


Oh the Olympics, how I love you so!

Just wanted to make a quick post about the 2008 Summer Olympics held in Beijing. Regardless of how I feel about China, they did a bang up job with the Opening Ceremonies, and Michael Phelps has been kickin' ass so far. So much fun.

I grew up in a pro-Olympics household, and every four years we would gather around the TV for all the spectacle and fun of the Summer and Winter Games. I have very fond memories of all those Olympics, and now as an adult, I get all excited whenever Olympic time rolls around.

Badminton? Yes. Track and Field? Oh, yes. Swimming, gymnastics, diving, equestrian, table tennis, volleyball, handball, tennis, rowing, baseball?! More and more. I will watch just about any sport they put in front of me, and I cheer and yell from my couch.

Just think, in two years we get the Winter Games! So great. Okay, enough of this, I gotta get back to the games!


*Thanks to the guy at the wine store, who when I asked him if he had 'Olympic Fever', he responded with "I am infected with national pride!", inspiring this post, and giving me a kick-ass title. Hee!!

No comments: