Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Eat your veggies.. with fat!



I recently learned that some of the most important and healthful anti-oxidants (Vitamins E, D, A, etc.) are fat soluble! This means that they need fat to be absorbed through the intestines, or as I like to think - ride on the fat - to do us any good.

So, my question is, how do all the low-fat people out there expect to get their beta-carotene and their retinol? Eating your veggies without fat is literally pissing your anti-oxidants away. I suppose you could just cram down extra servings of veggies, or pop copious amounts of supplements and hope for the best. But I have a better idea: cook your veggies in butter!! Or, if that's too scary, how about frying them up in bacon fat? YUM.

Honestly guys, the more I read, the more I am sure that animal based saturated fats are the way to go in this life. Yet another reason to cook those yummy veggies in tasty, tasty butter!

No comments: